Home Page

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Filoli in Winter

On our visit to Filoli, winter was most evident in the soft bare branches of the deciduous trees, vines, and shrubs. But I was on the lookout for anything that contributed to the “winter look” in the garden, especially if I found it attractive or interesting. Here are some of the items I enjoyed seeing .


Bare architecture of a wisteria vine agaist bricks.


Unobscured view of the house.


Winter sillouhette of a weeping form deciduous tree.

Part of the appeal of the deciduous hedge
is the rustling leaves.


Dried hydrangea with the
hint of new buds and leaves.


I realize that the items that I find attractive in the winter garden may not appeal to others, but there are many forms of beauty and interest in the winter garden.

No comments: