Home Page

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Beautiful Bend: 2011

Greetings from Bend, Oregon, where we are visiting my sister and her family on their 30-acre ranch. My family and I had a great time driving up from the San Francisco Bay Area together. With all the rains, there is an abundance of water up and down Interstate 5 and the 97. It was a pleasure to see lakes and marshes full of water, and plants and trees green and foliant. The Southeast Alaska crew (my folks, brother, and sister-in-law) flew down.

Together, we saw my niece, Sarah, graduate from high school (how can that be), and threw a party with extended family from Oregon. My two nieces and two nephews have all matured so much since we last saw them several years ago - I suppose that happens!
The ranch is emerging from winter; the hay crop will be ready for harvest in a month. The big sky and mountains are as beautiful as I remember. Plants are in various stages of waking up from winter. We can hear frogs and birds of all kinds. Life abounds!
Wheels for moving the irrigation line across the hay field.

No comments: