Home Page

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful For

Scrounging through an old scrapbook I made in childhood, I came across Thanksgiving pictures from a family dinner. Living in Alaska, we were far from our extended family, so often celebrated Thanksgiving dinner with our good friends, Tom and Helen Laurent, and their three boys, Tom Jr., Creighton, and Jim. We did travel to Southern California in November a few times, so did celebrate with extended family then. In this snapshot, it looks like our nuclear family celebrated alone.

Thanksgiving dinner with my brother, sister, and mom. Dad is taking the picture.
That year I put together an exhibit of things “I Am Thankful For”. It’s hard to see the details in this old snapshot, but it looks like they include a home (the Lego structure), my family, friends, food, transportation (car and boat), and the land. Many years have passed, but that list still pretty much sums it up for me today.

I am thankful for ...
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. I'll be thinking about my  family in Alaska, and scattered up and down the West Coast and beyond. Don't forget to thank God for your blessings (even those that don't seem like it yet)!

No comments: