Home Page

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thanksgiving


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and a great time to take stock and be grateful. If you are breathing, moving, eating, and have shelter, that's cause for gratitude, and if you have a few friends and family who keep showing up, that's cause for celebration!
A year ago, I enjoyed seeing a rafter of turkeys on my afternoon walks in Dublin (see Thanksgiving Turkey Hunt). A year later, I despaired that I would no longer see turkeys in San Ramon. However, recently I saw a large group of them assembled in a wide green belt area along a busy street. They were a fine-looking lot with dark feathers, but I couldn't stop the car to take a picture. You'll have to take my word, and enjoy this brief clip from last year.



My husband and I are looking forward to a family celebration with my folks and extended family at my aunt's place (we are bringing the pies). I'm looking forward to spending time together and sharing stories and photos from the past year, and remembering Thanksgiving celebrations from years past.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!


No comments: