Home Page

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Chilly Walk on the Iron Horse Trail

It's been a treat to be back at work in San Ramon a couple of days a week. It has given me a chance to rediscover some of my favorite haunts and shops in San Ramon, and to take some of my favorite walks. Hikes around Lake Bishop have resumed, enabling me to see the trees and plants go through their seasonal cycles and to observe all the herons, ducks, and geese that touch down during migration.


Mistletoe on a winter-bare oak 

Recently, I ventured out on the Iron Horse trail, for a short hike. Lots of long afternoon shadows. Lots of green grass from winter rains. And cold. It was 50 degrees F. in the sun (I know, that's nothing for my tough northern relatives)! But the sky was blue and clear, and walking quickly kept me warm. It was an exhilarating way to celebrate life!

No comments: