The fall equinox is just three weeks away, but I've been sensing the change since mid-August. The first thing I noticed was the hint of autumnal crispness in the morning air, as Bobo the Husky and I set out for our morning walks. It was a topic of conversation with my fellow dog walkers. Then I started to notice that it stays darker longer in the morning, and gets darker earlier in the evening. it. Now I'm noticing that the afternoon chill comes on stronger and earlier in late afternoon, prompting me to reach for a sweater to ward off the chill.
With our Mediterranean climate, the hot summer dry weather is still to come. The Bay Area can expect several significant heat spells between now and the end of October, relieved by stretches of our typical temperate weather. Fall fires are a constant worry, bringing the smell of smoke on the air. Hopefully the rainy season will start in early November.
![]() |
| Roasted vegetables are perfect for fall eating |
What to eat is a conundrum. During the heat spells, we still enjoy barbeque, green salads, corn on the cob, and cold summer salads. But during the temperate stretches, we start craving soups, stews, roasted vegetables, and baked good for the cooler days.
TBD

No comments:
Post a Comment