Home Page

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Looking Ahead to 2013

Happy New Year! Another year stretches ahead – a chance to try something new, to improve what was already started, or to just start fresh. I’m looking forward to having some extra time, since I won’t be taking classes, and reconnecting with neglected family and friends!

Looking ahead, I’m continuing my quest to learn more about gardens and gardening in the San Francisco Bay Area. This includes getting dirt under my nails! Some gardening goals for 2013:
  • Learn more about native plants in the Bay Area, and visit them in situ.
  • Identify common plant diseases that attack our Bay Area gardens.
  • Understand how European gardening history influences gardens of today.
  • Visit local gardens through the seasons to learn how to plan for year-round interest.
  • Rejuvenate my garden beds, plant a few native shrubs, and replant my vegetable garden.

Plant diseases - pests in the garden and landscape.
 
Gardens - changes in the landscape through the seasons.
 
Garden history - the influence of European gardens.
 
Native plants - of the San Francisco Bay Area.
 


I'm also planning to experiment with the blog a bit, so hang on! You might notice changes in look and feel, and in the publishing schedule; some may become permanent, others may be fleeting. As always, I hope you will join me on this quest!

 

No comments: