Home Page

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Reflections on 2018

Hard to believe we're at the end of the year already! I thoroughly enjoyed my "sabbatical" in 2018. I slowed my pace a bit and freed up some time for research, but still managed to explore the San Francisco Bay Area, and enjoy the beauty of the every day. I also took on a few small-scale projects like forcing bulbs, growing herbs, and looking for good ideas in the garden,

We focused quite a bit on the seasons, and how seasonal changes influence a place (I think the change in light is the most fascinating aspect of the seasons)! We explored several more East Bay Regional Parks, including Wildcat Canyon, Garin and Dry Creek Gardens, Point Pinole, and Black Diamond Mines. We visited gardens in season such as Heritage Park in spring and fall, Filoli in fall, and Bishop Ranch in all seasons.

My Example
Historical gardens

Beautiful plants

Exploring nature

Seasonal beauty

We traveled to Southern California, Southeastern Alaska, and the Pacific Northwest to drink in the natural beauty, learn something new, and enjoy the company of loved ones. Really, shared experience in a beautiful setting, followed by a tasty meal, and good conversation is one of life's blessings. It was a great year for gardens!

No comments: