Home Page

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Looking Ahead to 2019

Happy New Year! 2018 is in the review mirror, and 2019 is an open road before us. Nature, gardens, friends and family are stops on the map for the year to come.

Looking ahead, my big theme for the year is "plants to dye for". For a long time I've wanted to learn more about dyeing with plants. I did a some research during my sabbatical about the history of dyeing, the plants used for dyeing, and the recipes used to dye with plants. I have a lot of interesting posts and hands-on dyeing projects planned for the year to come.

My Example
Plants for dyeing

Exploring nature

Enjoying gardens

Dyeing fabric with plants

Along the way we'll continue with some of our favorite pursuits, like hiking the parks and preserves of the San Francisco Bay Area, enjoying beautiful landscapes, reading books, and watching movies (where plants are the movie stars). Best of all, we'll continue to celebrate the people that walk along beside us on the journey of life, by sharing experiences, enjoying a good meal, and engaging in great conversation. Hope you'll join me on the journey!


No comments: