Home Page

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Fall Foliage Arrangement

Fall is finally here and it's a great time to clean up the yard and prepare for the rainy season to come. I tool up with a big bucket, loppers, Felcos, sturdy gloves, and several huge paper bags from Home Depot, and head outside. It's therapeutic to size up an overgrown snarl of dead wood or suckers, and figure out how to release the lovely structure of a bush or tree. After a couple of hours I'm covered with dust and cobwebs, and loving the results.

Fall Foliage Arrangement

After trimming up the lower yard recently, I realized I had a good start on a big dramatic floral arrangement. I used a vintage red and white enamelware cowboy coffee pot, lined with a perfectly sized glass cylindrical vase and went to work.

My Example
Cuttings and vases

Interesting flowers

Pampas grass flowers

Hawthorn leaves and berries

Okay, it might not win any prizes for design, but it is lots of fun to create something from what you have on hand! You can see previous fall foliage projects, back when we were still watering (see Fall Foliage Arrangements).

No comments: