Home Page

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thanksgiving Turkey Hunt


For the last month I have been hunting for turkeys in Dublin, California. I leave the office for my late afternoon walks, armed with my camera, and on the lookout turkeys!
Several turkeys wander through a business park in Dublin, CA
About this time every year, a rafter of wild turkeys assembles to forage for food. They roam the open land near the Camp Parks training ground, and the new Alameda County, East County Hall of Justice. They invade the landscaped areas of nearby business parks. The turkeys seem equal parts wary and curious, but mostly intent on a good meal.


Wild turkeys forage for food

Apparently, turkeys can become aggressive, especially around mating season, but the ones I encounter raise their heads briefly to asses me, and then go back to their acorns, seeds, berries, small amphibians, and bulbs. Wild turkeys are beautiful and fascinating to watch.
A rafter of turkeys near Camp Parks
Hoping you have a delicious Thanksgiving, surrounded by family and friends. Thank God for life, be grateful for your blessings, and hold on to hope through the inevitable rough patches!

No comments: